Tuesday 17 March 2015

Happy St Patrick's Day


Happy St Patrick's day to one and all. I did a quick check and eew  what we are celebrating is the death of a dude in the year 461. I find it amazing and amusing that people deaths' are celebrated in such a jolly way. 
Is that what tradition is? Do events start out all somber and then get high jacked and become a party. I enjoy seeing holidays for what they are. The worst is st valentines day. That is one holiday that gives me the willies. Celebrating a human being torn apart is just not nice. 

I like Christmas as that is actually a Roman feast. Nothing wrong with that.


Ok back to Happy st Patrick's day.  May you have a green beer and find a four leaved clover. May the genetic bits of you that were at some point Irish, have a jolly good time.

What do you think of the cute Irish quilts that I found. 

I am now busy on the corners of my border. I think this year, for the first time, I will be quilting during winter. It feels like I normally piece in winter and when the horrific heat appears, I start quilting the quilt. This normally takes about 3 months which take you through the hottest part of the year. I am looking forward to quilting my Granny's garden quilt.

Have an amazing day!





2 comments:

  1. LOVE that Think Green quilt!!! I need that one for MY house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look in her eye. I think every sewing room should have one.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain