So from start to finish it has taken me 280 days.
The whole reason for wanting to do a granny's garden quilt apart from the fact that they are bright and friendly was to use up a whole lot of jelly rolls that I have collected over time. Many of them were presents and a gorgeous collection of colours. I think they have melded together quite well. As you can see with the border, I just made 4 cm by 8 cm blocks and plaited them together.
I still have about 6 more jelly rolls, so I will have to think of another quilt to use them up on.
The next step will be to create a backing. I have some lovely floral fabric, which should be perfect. The only problem is that they are not as wide enough to be a backing without some creative intervention. I am going to be using a silk batting. This will be an new experience. The batting feels lovely, but, I will only know how it stitches later. I loved the feeling of bamboo batting, but found that it was quite 'sticky' on the needles.
Hope you are all having a marvelous day and getting some stitching in.