Tuesday 8 May 2012

Colours am be fun



In preparation for Mothers day next sunday, this Saturday we went through to Pretoria to go to a fabric shop that had just got in a major shipment of fabric in from the States. My requirement for bright fabrics was fulfilled and I got 27 fabrics for my dear jane and a full set of fabrics with bubles on them. I love getting one of each colour in a range, it is just like when I was in the grade 1 and got a new box of 100 crayons. I think that bright colours are the best and if this means that I am a shollow person, so be it. I often look at quilts and am impressed with the fact that the person making the quilt, resisted using any primary colours. Muted sounds like strangled and I would hate that, I love things that are loud of colour and shout their joy at being around.

I have now done 2 and a third of the border on the irish chain and a few of the inner circles. I redid the Dear Jane design on the software that I bought and the new one looks a whole lot better. This too will be a bright quilt.



Work is being annoying again with them wanting to become a permanent employee. I find this annoying seeing as I have been a contractor for the last 30 years and hate the concept of being owned by a company. I have seen over the years that you do not have any more security being employed by a company indeed sometimes I think that you have less, as companies often just want to get people off their books. As is I really would hate to work for one of the large banks in south africa as their policy is to get rid of people in Novemeber and then rehire in february for march and thereby saving themselves the whole last quarter of fees. What a bunch of pale blue shmucks. Oh well let us see what comes to pass. Being an old broad, I also need to toe the line otherwise I may once again face not working.

The weather is being amazingly warm if not downright over hot; but, each moring it is still fresh and remind one that we are 6 weeks away from the start of winter. Well back to the grindstone whilst I sit and think colours and do logic. I always think that people who listen to music whilst working are a bunch of slackers. They can just play the song in their heads like us old farts do.





Well then have a stunning day










Arb fact for the day:

The first crayons was a mixture of charcoal and oil. In the early 1900s,
cousins Edwin Binney and Harold Smith developed a nontoxic wax crayon. Binney’s wife, Alice, attached the French word for chalk, "craie", with "ola", from oily, to form the Crayola brand name. Their first box of Crayola crayons came in a box of eight colors of  black, blue, brown, green, orange, purple, red, and yellow, and were sold for a nickel in 1903.  By 1957, 40 new colors were added. Today, there are more than 120 crayon colours, including Atomic Tangerine, Blizzard Blue, Mango Tango, Outrageous Orange, Laser Lemon, Screamin’ Green and Shocking Pink. Over 5 billion crayons are produced each year. To date, over a 100 billion crayons have been produced so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain