Monday 1 December 2014

HO HO HO it is December

Tub of flowers
December is here. 
I can scarcely believe that we have at last reached December. 
This last month was a horror. Testing started on the systems we have been writing all year and will continue for the next 12 days. These systems are between 8 organisations. That level of co-operation is seldom seen. 
Our fridge decided to have a nervous breakdown and needed to of it's thermostat sensors replaced. All of the food needed to be consumed, so some strange meals were produced.
School closes on Wednesday and the adult's Summer holidays will start in two weeks time. Hopefully I can drag my burnt-out brain to the finish line.

I am at 99.01% of making flowers for my granny's garden quilt. I have made 201 out of the 203 flowers that I need. Two more and then the decision of  whether to sew the flowers together or to make the path that is going to be my border. Although November was stressful, I did manage to make 46 flowers. This was mostly due to weekend sewing.  

I have scanned in each of the flowers. This is the first pass of trying to "randomize" the placement of  my flowers.

I tried various randomize functions using excel, but the results were horrid. The reality is that I will probably just sew the flowers together and decide which flower comes next.

The summer rain is making life very pleasant. Although prior to the afternoon storms, the heat can be quite overwhelming. Once the storms break the resultant cool breezes are amazing. The yellow on the grass are flowers from the tree in our front garden.

Hope all a marvelous December.
Have a good one.

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of Hexies. Look forward to the holidays.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you take time off as well. Is it not fun to have Christmas in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love all the flowers. I've never tried doing it in Excel. I think my head would spin. Can't wait to see them in the flimsy. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain