Friday 20 January 2012

Happy 2012

Happy 2012, may the year be filled with creative goodness. As at the start of 2012, I have finished the front and back of a block of the month quilt which I did to learn how to follow somebody elses pattern. It was great fun to do as the colours were all solids and in the primary colour range. Rachel helped and we learned a lot about inches and eigths etc as our knowledge bas is cm and metres.

My irish chain is now in 25 X 25 cm blocks with 122 waiting to be sewn together. For the back I have made 22 pinwheels to scatter on the back to hopefully as a touch of whimsy to the feel of the quilt. The border caused me great problems and I had done half of the border when I realised that the looked like little Inca feet and legs stomping around the quilt. After much procratination the irish quilt is now going to have a smooth blue and white border that I will probably quilt the rolling pattern thing in.

Once I had all of the blocks for the Irish quilt, I did abandon it in the sewing room as I wanted to add more quilting to my swirl quilt. Well when I say I wanted what it should read was that I was lazy the first time around and quilted a swirl, following the line of the colours on the quil, well my dear husband loves the feeling of ridges on quilts, so now I am adding many more stitches to the quilt. I think it will be much more fun to sleep under with more quilting as currently it feels quite flat. For the border I am playing with the idea of quilting daisies all of the way round.

Rachel has started High school, which now gives me an extened drive twice a day. The afternoon are quick but in the morings all road there and back do their impression of a slow moving parking lot. Think of a parking lot being moved along a slow flowing lava. At work things are in the air. So yay for quilting it will keep me sane.


Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain