Wednesday 14 August 2013

Borders Done

The Borders pieces have been attached to their respective triangles and now await being included in the quilt. Each border took approximately 7.8 metres or 8.5 yards of stitching to attach all the parts. This means that in the last 3 weeks I have sewn 31 metres or 34 yards. I have created a new and improve callous on my thumb.

I redid 2 of the triangles as the heart were definitely not hearty enough.

The next step I will be doing is attaching the borders to the centre and then to see if the corners fit in nicely.

As yet I still have not decided what to use for the backing. I have a few bits that are big enough, but they may be too dark. There is going to be a IQC in September, so that may be a good thing to go and look for.

Have an amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain