Wednesday 11 April 2012

Back to reality...

So that is Easter and a fun 6 days off work over and done with. I finished filling in the square of the Irish quilt and now I am squaring off the stripes. I hit the boredom level of the quilting process where it is more of a pain than a pleasure to do. I can see why quilters have many projects started and few finished. I think also doing all of this stuff by hand slows it down to such a level as to make the highs not be so instant, unfortunately the lows can take just as long. The actual problem is as old Chinese saying: “Be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it."


Well my wish is to spend every day just being creative and quilting etc etc, but the reality is that when that is all you are doing, the little niggardly whiny worm creeps out and gets bored. So now sitting at work and writing this blog instead of writing a specification, I am thinking with great anticipation of the moment this afternoon when I pick up my quilt again and start quilting.
This is a good thing to ponder over.




Have a good one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain