Saturday 30 August 2014

August has almost blown away

It is now the end of August. It has been quite a hectic month. Currently we are experiencing freezing weather which always seems to happen when spring is trying to get it's groove on.

I now have a bucket of flowers. I think there are 103. This is still less than half way. I have been pondering about the border and the latest thought is to create a path around the flower bed. The idea that I have is to add some beads in between the "bricks" to be the dirt and stuff that you find in gardens. This thought too may not make it to the end of the quilt. This is the fun about doing your own thing, you can make it up as you go along.

I was playing in my sewing room and came across a bundle of cross stitch pictures that I stitched a few years ago. I had many framed, but these never made into a frame and onto a wall.
The question is should I stitch them into a quilt, make pillows out of them or just let them sit in my sewing room until such time as a fun idea actually arrives. I added all twelve onto my cross stitch page.

Flowers are starting to bloom in the garden. This is a yellow clivia that I grew from a seed that I bought from a botanical garden. Clivias grew for five years before they will flower. I suppose this makes you appreciate their flowering even more.
 
Hope you have an amazing weekend wherever you are. 


6 comments:

  1. What beautiful cross stitch. I hope you find just the right way to display them. Great progress on your flowers too. Happy spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to spring. The weather here has been beautiful. Short sleeves, outside and sunshine. Just wonderful. It puts you in a better mood.
    Those x stitches are lovely. They deserve a special place. Hexies, I'm not into them yet.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is lovely. I am sure we will all be moaning as to how hot it is soon, but, for now it is lovely. I hand stitch everything, so whether it is hexies or any other shape they will get the same attention. Hexies are fun.

      Delete
  3. Such a fun bucket of flowers :)
    The stitcheries are gorgeous! If you need pillows, they would make great ones. if not, definitely frame them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have kept them for 15 years un framed. I am hoping to be inspired by an empty wall, to get them framed. The other idea I had wad to include them all in a wall hanging quilt. It just seems to be a waste of the time I spent stitching the pictures.

      Delete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain